Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lorye's Interview


Team Plays Like a Girl Member
Lorye

   PLaG's role of AP mid belongs to Lorye and no other. Over teamspeak Lorye may seem soft spoken and shy but when in a game her ganks are swift and merciless. Lorye is PLaG's most experienced member with over one thousand wins under her belt. She first joined PLaG after her and Dakotah met in World of Warcraft through the same guild. Lorye became the third member of the team and one of its founding members. She has recruited the most members for the team the first being Starcity; the team's original jungler.





  1. Name?   "Mariana."
  2. Are you in college?   "Yes."
  3. What was your major?   "Graphic Design."
  4. What do you do for a job?   "I work as an illustrator/Web Designer."
  5. Favorite Game?    "Uuuh so many... I guess the Tomb Raider games, I played all of them :o Nowadays Skyrim and League."
  6. Who is your real life role model? "My mom and dad."
  7. Hobbies besides gaming?   "I enjoy reading books/manga and drawing."
  8. When did you start playing League of Legends?   "Around November 2010."
  9. What got you into League of Legends?   "A friend of mine played it and said it was fun! I had nothing to play at the time so I thought I'd give it a try. Then I was addicted."
  10. What are some of the challenges you face with your role as AP mid?    "SO MANYYY, I still need to work on a lot of things. Like when to gank/roam, controlling objectives more, when to be agressive/passive, and learning new champions… Sometimes I feel when I lose lane I disappoint my team mates. Thankfully they all cheer me up and I just keep trying to get better in order to not to disappoint them!"
  11. What draws you to your role of AP mid?   "I feel like I have the most impact on the game from mid, I can gank where needed, help out jungler or gank the enemy jungle. I enjoy playing burst damage champs the most, and hate staying in one place farming ALL game like top or bot."
  12. What do you feel you need to improve upon the most as a player?    "I believe everything can be improved, always... my csing, ganking, agressiveness in lane, team fight positioning are still sub-par… my biggest problem is probably not being consistent, as in one day I’ll be playing really really dumb and derping all around, and in the next playing a LOT better and doing most things right and being the team player I’m expected to be – I know this must be really frustrating for the girls, sorry team I’m working on it."
  13. What do you think you've improved most on since first starting League of Legends?   "So long ago… map awareness is probably the only thing I don't consider myself so bad at nowadays. Haha! Aside from some derps now and then, it definitely improved a lot. I've improved on how to cs, how to calculate damage, map objectives, and just game mechanics in general I guess."
  14. Who is your favorite League of Legends streamer/player?   "Used to be Kyuubicake/9bcake when she played mid but she rarely streams now... Right now it’s probably Salce, he' a pretty cool guy and plays some of the champs I enjoy playing mid.  I occasionally watch other mid players as well, also Dyrus because he’s just Dyrus."
  15. Who is your favorite champion in League of Legends?    "Ahri."
  16. How did you become a member of 4Nothing Plays Like a Girl?   "Dakotah was from my old WoW guild, so we met one day and discussed the idea of making a real competitive all-girls team, it sounded really fun so we tried it and recruited some more girls and here we are now."
  17. What are you goals as a member of 4Nothing Plays Like a Girl? "I want to become a better player, for our team to become really good, and most of all to have fun!"
  18. How does it feel to the first North American all female team to be sponsored?   "Really cool! I like to think we can help make girl players be a bit more respected in this game one day, instead of just eyecandy."
  19. Which tournaments have you competed in?   "Girls4LoL, it was where I met Cranburry and Starcity <3"
  20. Which tournament do you wish to compete in with 4Nothing Plays Like a Girl?   "Short-term is Go4LoL. Long-term not sure yet, I don't really mind as long as we have fun and keep improving!"
  21. What champion do you dread to lane against? (asked by Battlemore)   "I dread laning vs Kassadin!"
  22. If you could marry one person on team PLaG who would it be? (asked by Lucipher)   "I'd marry L16HT!"
  23. Which of the girls on team PLaG do you feel motivates you the most to try the hardest and keeps you going? (asked by Shadows)   "Dakotah."
  24. What are your dreams? (asked by AlmaBeoulve)   "My dreams are to become a famous artist... and also to learn how to play a violin."

No comments:

Post a Comment